- Feb 11 2023
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- R 600.00
Introduction to Yoga
Viva Gym recognise the importance of Yoga and are kindly opening their doors to non-members for the workshop (bring ID for sign-in).
- Increases focus and attention
- Assists with anxiety and stress-management
- Increases respiratory fitness
- Improves stability, mobility and flexibility
- Builds strength in the physical and the mental areas
- Assists with digestive and metabolic functions
- Improves brain activity and creativity
Course participants will learn key Yoga poses and instructions/phrases, merging this knowledge with correct breathing techniques creates a heightened and educated body awareness.
We will cover:
- The foundations of Sun Salutation A & B (this is the fabric of the flow sequencing you find in most Yoga classes).
- Alignment and structural breakdown of poses & movements – this promotes safety and integrity according to your body specifically.
- Modifications of poses & movements to allow the individual to build strength and flexibility first before advancing to the full pose or movement – important for those starting out or with injuries.
We will manuals for reference. These will cover everything we will work through so you may review the information periodically post-workshop to refresh and realign.
Lauren Mensikovas / Mzansi School of Yoga / 078 024 2278